Friday, July 18, 2008

Well, I am doing it!

I went to my pre race meeting for my very first TRI! I paid my money...I have my bag packed and my bike is all ready to go.

For all my tri friends...have I forgotten anything?
I will be wearing my Tri-race suit...but here is the rest of my list:
Bike
Helmet
sunglasses
running shoes
balega socks
water bottle to attach to bike filled with nuun
small towel
race belt
sun visor
GU
Gatorade2 Grape for run
Hot pink towel to 'mark my territoty'
goggles

I don't have clips yet for my bike, so I will wear my running shoes...

Last night after the meeting Cindy, Janet and I drove the race course bike and run....nice up hill.
I worked a half day today and went to the pool and practiced my swim...with stopping, talking to people and cleaning my goggles (anyone have any hints for stopping that) it took my 20 minutes...so I am hoping if I do it without chatting, I can do it in 15...would love to be faster...but honestly I have no real expectations. I am also going to breathe every other stroke. I am guessing the 10 mile ride at an hour(which is so slow...) and my run at 30 minutes...so I am guessing this event will take 2 hours...that way if I come in under that I will be better than I thought.

I will post tomorrow after the race...I am so nervous and scared.

No comments: