Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Tommy

Today is Tommy's 2nd birthday celebrated in Heaven. I had a rough day work wise (nothing I can talk about at this time) but on my way home I saw a rainbow and I instantly felt better. I felt that it was a sign from heaven that things happen for a reason and all shall be well (Thanks Julie) Sometimes things don't make sense while they are happening but eventually it all works out.

Nicholas left to go back to Hiram. Billy called today to say that he officially peed in the cup and signed off on everything. I am so excited to see him and the rest of the family this weekend. I am hoping to see a few friends as well. Tiger I know will be so happy to see Billy.

Today was Eve's last day of Chemo. She is battling Chemo like a true goddess. She is still out there, working and going about life - just the way she should. She is not defined by cancer. She is defining cancer for her.

Lastly, I would like to make yet another stand. My friend, Sandra, has apparently gotten nasty comments from people about her and Matt's decision to have a second cochlear implant for Jazzie. I don't understand why people feel the need to butt in where they were not asked. As someone who has met Jazzie and seen the school where she got her start, I feel like I am able to give a touch of input. I think that if I were in the same situation I would have my child have the CI. It allows your child the opportunity to hear. Can you imagine - a deaf child able to hear and speak? It is amazing. It is a miracle. If you get glasses for your child are you harming your child or are you giving them aids to help them? I sort of think of CI the same way. CI doesn't change that Jazzie is still deaf...BUT, she can HEAR, she can SPEAK...life is hard enough shouldn't we make it as 'normal' as we possibly can? Grrrrr.....I suppose I am on my soapbox, but this just makes me so mad. I would like to fight all of these people and I would like to challenge them to spend just one hour at Jazzie's former school and then say that Sandra and Matt didn't make the right decision. I have said it before and I am sure I will say it again but this school is state of the art and it is truly something special. I have been fortunate enough to be there twice and both times I have left with a feeling of encouragement. These children are taught that they can conquer the world and I believe they can. Their families give them wings and OVV teaches them to fly.

4 comments:

Tammie said...

Ah! Now I know for whom Tiger Lily is named. YOU!

Great post on Sandra & Matt's decision for Jazzie to have the CIs. I deplore the cowardly behavior that people have exhibited towards them.

momo said...

these are the hard anniversaries, michelle. i can't say they get easier, but they do eventually stop being so hard. does that make sense? probably not now, but later - maybe.

and i agree with your soapbox speech! people get too opinionated about things that are, frankly, none of their business. its sad. i'm glad your friends are standing firm - what an incredible opportunity for their little one!

Anonymous said...

Chelle, you continue to amaze me.. you are such a terrific person, I am so blessed to have you as a friend as are all of your friends! Good for you for standing up for what is important! Rock On sister!

Look forward to getting together this weekend... we will make it happen I know and I would love to meet Miss Tiger Lily.

{{{hugs}}}
your KY Filly friend..ML

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sticking up for my, me friend!

You and I know how amazing Jazzie and OVV are; if we could only tell and show the entire world...