The Nutcracker
So, one of my happy Christmas traditions is seeing The Nutcracker. fromthe time I was about 8 until I was oh, say 20, my grandma M and I would go see the Cincinnati Ballet's version of the Nutcracker. It was at Music Hall and was simply gorgeous. I can remember thinking how fancy everything was there. Everyone dressed up and it was so elegant. I loved getting a Shirley Temple at intermission and enjoying the entire experience. The tree that grew to enormous size...the dances in their sparkly tu-tu's...especially the Russian dancers...Oh I just fell in love.
So, last Sunday while reading the paper at J's I read an article about the Pittsburgh's version of the Nutcracker. So we got tickets for last evening. J and I dressed up and went to the Benedum theatre and I enjoyed the performance. It was lovely, very different that the Cincinnati rendition...but lovely in its own way. The Nutcracker is supposed to be set in Germany...Pittsburgh had theirs set in Pittsburgh. I was cool to see various parts of Pittsburgh in the backdrops. The Russian dancers were just as fabulous and the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy was wonderful.
I really enjoyed seeing the show again. I am thrilled that J sat through the performance and said he enjoyed it. I am not so sure how much he really did but I love him even more for sitting through it for me!





No comments:
Post a Comment