Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Grandma M


So, my grandma Lucille has always been a tough cookie. She was head nurse for many years at a large hospital in Northern Kentucky. When she had her mind set on doing something...get out of her way ~ she will make it happen. She learned to drive as an adult. Mind you she hated it but she did it. She drove cars that were as large as some yachts. She has also been known to be pulled over by police for going too slow. Anyway Grandma has been in the hospital since Friday night. She isn't doing very well. For some reason I have had a bad feeling about this trip to the hospital. She typically spends time in the hospital in January but this time seems different. I can't explain it but I just feel it. Hopefully, my feelings are totally wrong. it was 20 years ago (1989) that we lost my grandpa suddenly. I am so fortunate to have 3 of my 4 grandparents alive and they have all been blessings to me. Oh Grandma Lucille LOVED Miss Tiger Lily. Each Sunday when my dad would call my grandma she would ALWAYS ask how Tiger was and to give her love from grandma and she would ask about her beloved car...the 1985 Mercury Grand Marquise that is sitting in out driveway. If anyone asks, my dad still drives it to work once a week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your grandma sounds like a lovely woman. I will be sending some good thoughts her way.

Tammie said...

Grandma M sounds like quite a person!