Saturday, February 21, 2009

Feathers

It has been one month since my Grandma passed away. In some ways it seems like forever ago and in other ways it seems like yesterday. Since Jan 20th, I have found feathers in the craziest places...several at work, at home...on the street. These feathers are all different colors...yellow, red, purple, pink...not your normal animal feathers but feathers...sort of like on a boa. So in my mind it was my Grandma letting me know she was okay. Well, I was telling my aunt Ellen this story and she told me that Grandma had a story about feathers. When she was in high school, at Holy Cross, her math teacher was working on story problems with the class (the bane of my existance)...anyway, he asked her: "Miss Bednar, if you had a roomful of feathers, what would you do with them?" well, in typical depression era, my Grandma answered that she would sell them! See, math really doesn't agree with my family.

Now, that I fel that my grandma is okay, I need to find my workout mojo...tomorrow Jeff and I ARE going to the gym.

2 comments:

Tammie said...

It seems that your grandma is sending you some positive messages Michelle. I hope they help you.

david said...

michelle,
glad you are doing the spring thaw. maybe you can pick up my shirt for me! ha! size medium! i preregistered so i am just out of luck!
david
dbclubb@gmail.com

ps - i didnt know your email address so i just decided to try commenting on your blog randomly.