First Run post mono
So, my last run was the Spring Thaw 10 miler. I did that race with mono, I am sure of it. I actually called the race director and asked to have an asterisk put next to my time. I know I can do better. Anyway, I decided to go out and give it a try tonight. I had a L-O-N-G day in Wheeling and really felt I needed the stress relief. I was excited as it was the first time I was able to wear my new shoes. So, I laced up and headed out. My plan was to just run at a comfortable pace. Not speed, just run and enjoy. If I needed a walk break, I would be okay with it. Well, I think I did pretty good. I did my three miles at just under 33 minutes. (Yes, Janet I know I said I wasn't wearing a watch - but I did) My legs felt sort of heavy, but I was also know that I need to push through. I have a half marathon coming up andI am excited about it!
I am thinking of heading out tomorrow for another three.





1 comment:
Glad to hear you are feeling better!
No Flying Pig this year?
Post a Comment