Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back to Running

So I took a wee bit of a hiatus with my running. It pretty much started at the beginning of the year but really started the end of February when I ws diagnosed with mono. I ran that 10 mile race on a Saturday and then was diagnosed on Wednesday. From that point until recently I hadn't been running consistently. Now, okay, I did a half marathon in May. Please note that I said I did a marathon not ran one. It was really hard.

So, I have been running pretty consistently for a few weeks now. At least twice during the week and at least one long run on the weekends. I have missed my running, with my friends and without it. I forgot how much running takes you to a dfferent level. Things make sense. Left foot, right foot, repeat over and over. The repetition is therapeutic to me. I enjoy it. Breathe in, breathe out...repeat. The world is an okay place while running. I can solve the world's problems in my Mizuno's.

Last week and this week we ran 8 miles. I need to boost my base up to 10. I will get there. I am signing up for the Peace Race and then I am doing the Flying Pig next May. In between that time, I just don't know.

No comments: