Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Saturday with NO plans!

So, I woke up today and realized that we had really made NO commitments for the day. We had several events that we could attend but w really just wanted to do nNothing...just let the day unfold...so we just hung out at home until 12:15. Then we went to my parent's and helped my dad get Halloween and Thanksgiving 'stuff' out from the attic. Now seriously...this is an exact text message conversation I had with my brother about helping with the attic items.

Michelle: Hey, Jeff and I are heading over to help Dad get halloween and Thanksgiiving stuff from the attic.

Billy: I love living 5 hours away.

Michelle: How should I prepare Jeff for Dad and this event?

Billy: Buy a fifth.

Yeah, my mom has tons of decoratiions for every holiday. She won't part with anythng. So Jeff was there to help and it went pretty smoothly. But my mom did call and say she was missing many items, per usual.

We left there and I came home and gathered a lift of items that I forgot to pick up last night at the grocery store and out I went again.

I hit Target. Shockingly I under 40 bucks at Target.

Then I went to TJ M@xx. I found a shower curtain and rugs for the upstairs bath. It is Navy, Cream and Grey. I was very excited. :)

Then I stopped at Home Dep@t . I bought some Mums. Red and Gold (Mooney colors, in case you didn't know)

Final stop was Sp@rkle. I got the remaining items to make Lasagna.

I came home and unloaded the mums. I put them on the from porch steps.

At Target I bought containers for Sugar, Brown Sugar and Flour. I washed them and then dried and filled the containers. I feel so organized.

Did two loads of laundry...

I then made Lasagna. yummy.

Cleaned up from dinner and cleaned the hardwood floors in the living room - on my hands and knees. Now I am watching Paula Dean and getting ready to flip over to the OSU game.

I think I made a pretty good Saturday!

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Don't you just love setting up a new house!? I remember doing all that when David & I bought our house. It was so much fun. Now I realize that we have too much stuff. ;-)

I absolutely love Halloween! We decorate the inside of our house so Erin can enjoy it. Decorating the outside? Not so much. Let's face it. Florida Halloween isn't as much fun as "Up North" Halloween when it comes to decoration.