Mill Creek Distance Classic - 5k
So, I didn't sleep very well last night. I actually woke up at 5:30 freaking out because my ipod wasn't charged. I got up and put it on the charger. Whew! anyway, my alarm went off at 6:45. I jumped out of bed and hurried down to have a bowl of "Yellow Cheeri0s" Good stuff.
I got dressed...black running pants, Akron Half Marathon long sleeved T, then I kept switching my mind on the jacket. I ended up with the right one. My Br00ks blue one. I wore the old-new running shoes.
We got Cali ready and we were on our way. We drove past Meghan's and they followed us there.
We were WAY early. We grabbed our chips and went to wait. Cali was a basket case. She thought everyone should stop and pet her and barked because they weren't.. Very annoying.
The half marathoners took off while I was in line to pee.
Fifteen minutes later we took off. Okay. This park is brutal for running. The half marathon has 22 hills...yes, 22 hills. Most are uphill and not downhills. So we took off and were heading downhill. I tried so hard to restrain myself because I knew I had to have the energy to come back up this hill. When I finally looked at my garmin it said I only had one mile to go. Wow that was fast. That is when I thought "Oh crap" up hill. Okay...let's go. Dig in and finish this baby. So I did. I could see the finish line and was running with a gentleman who was talking to me and told me that he only had one lung due to cancer. I was amazed that he would decide to do the race. So that gave me inspiration to kick it in and take off. According to Garmin I finished in 30:11. Certainly not my best time but I am okay with that. I finished strong and felt good. I know I need to learn to START SLOW. I always get caught up in the moment and start too fast.
Oh well, I know I can do better especially on a flatter surface. HA!
So, I believe I mentioned that my FABULOUS FRIENDS got me a one month unlimited membership to the yoga studio. Well, I am going to start tomorrow with hot yoga at 9:00am. I am excited. I enjoyed it so much last fall when I took three classes. My original plan was to go 30 days in a row. Well, that may not work so well. So I am going to try to go as often as possible. I am also going to try to go to some spinning classes. Whoohooo...I am hoping I will lose a couple pounds or at least a few inches.





No comments:
Post a Comment