16 and Pregnant
Has anyone watched this show on MTV? I admit, I have become addicted. I found out that an episode of this show was filmed in the town where I am originally from in Kentucky. The 16 year old goes to my former high school, Notre Dame Academy.
I was excited to watch this episode so I could see 'home'; what I wasn't expecting was my reaction to this show. Lori, the sixteen year old gave her child up for adoption. It was the first parental decision she did for her little boy Aiden.
Lori was adopted herself as a baby and she was very torn about wanting to keep this child. It would be the first actual family that she would know. Her parents pushed her toward adoption. Maybe a bit more than pushed. Thankfully she and her ex-boyfriend made the right decision to give Aiden to a family that was ready to parent.
The episoide was very emotional and ended with an adoption ceremony where Lori and her parents gave Aiden to his new parents. It was very touching.
Now, the parts of the show that were filmed at NDA - WOW! It is WAY less structured at least in uniforms. We wore grey skirts. Still the same. We wore white button down shirts with navy or grey sweaters. Now it appears that they can wear anything that says NDA on it for a shirt. Very shocking to me.
The typing room is gone and has now been replaced by a gorgeous Mac lab.
Personally, I didn't care for NDA. I had a very rough time, it was a sad time in my life. I refused to go back there for a second year. That is why we ened up moving to Columbus.
On a completely different note, please pray for the girls at Notre Dame. There was a group of eight girls who were on their way home from spring break in Florida. In Atlanta, the girls were in an accident. One passed away and the rest had to be taken to the hospital. Another girl isn't doing very well. It is so sad and heartbreaking. Thankfully, I don't know any of these families.





1 comment:
Hey, Michelle, thanks for stopping by the giveaway. My email is there on the right sidebar with all those icons. It's the envelope one!
Here's my email: rhoda12@bellsouth.net
Post a Comment