Monday, April 26, 2010

Okay, I am getting nervous

My "A" race is this Sunday, May 2nd.  My "A" race is the Flying Pig Half Marathon in Cincinnati.  After taking some time off basically November 2008-June 2009, I began running again and I gave myself a goal of half marathon in 2 hours.  It is really going to be a stretch and I will be more than thrilled.  I am getting nervous that the time is lofty.  My bestest time ever in a half was a Cook Forest a few weeks ago was 2:10.  Well, I did feel confident after that race that 2 hrs was possible. I have broken my PR each time I have run Cook Forest.  Maybe it is a fluke.  I hope not.  My long runs after that haven't been so great. 

I do tend to run better when I run alone.  I also run better when I have my ipod...I know it is a crutch. I have my music set to work on speed, etc. 

I am going to go get my Kathrine Switzer book out and re-read it for inspiration. 

No comments: