The past two weeks
It began two Fridays ago when I received a phone call fromthe school nurse. Could I come pick my mom up quickly? Okay. Now this was new to me sort of. My brothers went to the same school where my mom teaches and the nurse is the same Nurse Shannon and she is also a friend of the family. My brothers were constantly sick...as in sick because they didn't do homework or they wanted to come home and sleep.
Anyway, I got to school and my mom was lying in the bed in the nurses office. Apparently her blood pressure dropped to 70/50. Um yeah. While I was there we got her a dr appointment for about 90 minutes later. She didn't want to go to the Emergency Room. So, thankfully my dad was off work so I went to their house and picked him up and off to the dr we all went.
My mom has been on a very restrictive diet for about 6 weeks and lost 32 pounds. She is also on high blood pressure meds, thyroid meds and a sugar pill. After a large weight loss and dropping blood pressure we figured he would adjust meds and potentially tell her to stop the diet. Um nope to both. He told her she was dehydrated and exhausted. So she slept Friday, Saturday and Sunday...She called off work Monday and called the dr again. No change of meds, just monitor her bp, temp and sugar. My dad and I finally convinced her to stop the blood pressure meds She ended up taking the rest of the week off. So, she started to feel well the Saturday before Easter. She was well enough to clean the living room and dining room.
Easter Sunday was very nice we were with Jeff's family we convinced my mom to celebrate Easter the following weekend...
Monday morning about 9 I get a phone call from my mom asking if I can come over. Her knee locked and she couldn't straighten it. The orthopedist office told her to go to the Emergency Room. So off we went about 1:00. Thankfully, another friendof the family was working in the ER that day and we we out of there in 2.5 hours. But before we left they put my mom in an imobilizer and crutches and told her to see her dr. Oh, they gave her vicoden. and told her she needs a knee replacement.
She has sat in her Edith chair all week. She has finally agreed to have said knee replacement. That dr apointment is Tuesday. Please keep good thoughts that we can get this scheduled quickly.





No comments:
Post a Comment