Memorial 5 - 2010 Edition
I almost forgot about this race. Thankfully, Cindy called and reminded me. I couldn't let it pass me by!
The Race started at 9. The first mile was pretty uneventful. We headed down Commerce to Symphony, to Mahoning Avenue, up the hill at Nahoning and into the park. Mile 1 - quick but felt good. Mile 2 took us into the park and around Lake Glacier. It was very pretty. Mill Creek Park is gorgeous and never fails to challenge with all of the hills! Mile 2 - good but getting hot. Thankfully, I ran with water and I was able to sip as needed! Mile 3 heading out of the park and back into the real world of Downtown Youngstown. Mile 3...28 minutes...feeling good. Mile 4...WOW almost there. Okay, I am getting a bit excited because I realize that I can walk the last bit and make my goal of under 50. Whoohooooo...48:23. Yahooohoooo.
Cindy won Grand Female Champion. SO very proud of her. The gun went off and I never saw her again until she brought me water at the finish line.





No comments:
Post a Comment