Memorial Day
Please remember to thank any and all military that you see not just today but everyday. Just yesterday, while sitting at my parent's house I found a paper gift bag. After seeing what it contained it really was a gift. I foud the discharge papers from my Uncle Bill who fought in World War II. My brother Billy is named for him. I also found multiple papers from my grandfather. His report for duty, furlough papers and his discharge from World War II. I also found my grandmother's ration books number one, two and three. The order form for book four was there but wasn't returned. My grandpa was a mamber of the US Marine Corp as well as my Uncle Bill. They were stationed in the Pacific. My grandfather was at Iwo Jima. Amazingly, my grandfather and my Uncle met up accidentially in Japan (I believe) at one point during the war. My grandpa didn't like to talk his time in the War at all. Thankfully both brothers returned from WWII. Now they are both gone. My Uncle was actually murdered on Christmas Day 1968 (Again, I think). My grandfather passed away on September 23, 1989. I know that they both have flags ont heir graves in Paris, KY and Covington, KY. I wish I could go visit the graves tomorrow.
I have my flags flying high as I am proud to be American. I am proud that I can voice my opinion whether or not anyone else agrees. I am proud to have my faith. I love the US...thank you to all Armed Forces for the sacrifice they make for me every day!





No comments:
Post a Comment