Sunday, May 1, 2011

Flying Pig Marathon

The Flying Pig holds many special memories for me.  It was the first half marathon I did!  Actually it was the first two half marathons I did, then began bumping up my distance.  It is the last full marathon I completed.  I love running trough the streets of Cincinnati - even that little incline up to Eden Park. 

This year I decided not to do it for a few reasons, that are personal to me.  But as I sit here in Marathon morning, I am sad that I am not participating in it.

This year however, my friend Sandra is running her very first marathon.  I am SO proud of her.  I cannot wait to her all her stories of the day.

Running a marathon is a very spiritual event.  It evokes all sorts of feelings.  You have to look into yourself and have the fortitude to finish!

CONGRATULATIONS SANDRA!!!!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Thank you SO much Michelle! You know that it's because of you that I started this in the first place!!1 So happy to have finished and you know the crazy thing? I think I want to do it again!