Well, it is over!


So, today was the Mill Creek Distance Classic. I was a nervous wreck this morning. My alarm went off at 5:45 and I rolled out of bed at 6. I ate my PB&J and had a cup of coffee. Then I looked outside and saw SNOW...great this course is very difficult and has 22 hills. It is tough in good weather and REALLY tough in snow and ice. It was on this course that I 'rolled' my ankle a month ago. So, my dad drove me over to the start and dropped me off. I met up with all my running buddies. I immediately felt calmer as they were all having the same feelings that I was. So the race started. I began running with Cindy, Mary Pat and Yvonne. I stayed with them until about mile five. I put my music on and was ready to go, so I took off. I was feeling strong and so confident even with the snow. I slid twice, but regained composure and moved on. At mile ten, I was just under 2 hours, great! Only 3 miles to go.....then the snow struck even harder and got really icy...then it got horrible. The ice was SO bad that they had cars lined up on the downhills so that the runners could use them to steady themselves. A guy in front of me, completely wiped out and had to be driven back to the finish line. I walked pretty much the rest of the way. I was spooked. I was jogging a bit and noticed a woman walking with a Boxer...my Boxer and it was my friend Leslie with Tiger...the finish line was just around the corner. Les and Ty ran the last .1 with me. I could hear all my other running friends and other friends cheering for me. It was wonderful. My mom even came out to the finish line! I think my time was 2:50...not really sure I was just so glad to get off the course, I forgot to look.
My Locust friends that were there were Leslie, Kim, Michelle, and Sally. We had hugs all around and then I went back outside to watch Yvonne, Mary Pat and Cindy finish.
What an accomplishment and I am so glad it is OVER....except I have 18 miles next Sunday.







No comments:
Post a Comment