Friday, June 15, 2007

Flowers



Last spring I planted these Asiatic Day Lillies. I took such care of them, fertilized, watered, talked, etc. I was so sad when they died off for the winter. I fussed and worried about them during the cold winter and wondered if they were going to 'come back'...the other day while I had Tiger outside, I noticed that there were buds. I was terribly excited. I called my grandma and shared this revelation - the black thumb has gotten something to bloom from one year to the next. Last night they were barely opened and this morning, they are simply gorgeous. I am quite please with myself. There is a story behind this particular type of flower and I chose it specifically from a catalog. They represent the little girl I hope to adopt from China (Asiatic) they are pink, representing my favorite color and a girl and Lillie because I want to name her Lillian Grace and call her Lillie. I still don't know if that will ever happen but I have enjoyed fussing over these flowers and taking care of them until I get my own baby.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

What wonderful flowers you have there! I love how you've brought everything full circle by planting these special lillies.