Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Past 24 hours

The Past 24 hours have been very rough for me. I found out last evening that one of my good friends had an affair with an ex-boyfriend. Yes, good friend is married. Ex-Boyfriend is a creep. Although in this situation ex is not at fault. Good friend who I will call A has been telling me that her marriage is over and has been for quite a long time. She wants to leave her husband. She has been going to counseling and I have felt so bad for her for such a long time. Now I feel disgust. I am so sick that anyone would be so cavalier about their marriage vows. She keeps asking if I am mad at her for being with ex. Hell, I don't give a rat's azz about him...BUT my issue is with her and the ring on her finger. I told her that if she were divorced and done this I wouldn't care...but married...um yeah, I care BIG TIME....

Then, if that wasn't quite enough I found out that another couple that I am friends with have separated. Yesterday when friend came home from work her husband kissed her goodbye and left.

It has been awful. I haven't slept very well nor have I really been able to eat.

I just don't understand why people think that marriage is something to be taken lightly. Those vows are so special. Then even if they don't respect the marriage vows...they don't have respect for their spouses. I understand that many people get divorced and for many I understand but I don't think it should be done so blindly to the other person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you have been having such a rough time. Sending you LOTS of hugs...

Tammie said...

Gosh you're having a heck of a time right now. I'm sorry that things are so hard.

It's always hard when a marriage ends whether the couple is on good terms or not.

Hugs!