Sunday, June 10, 2007

Spending the night at Grandma's

I was sitting here doing some pondering on life. I was thinking back to the days when I was a little girl and I would go spend the night at my grandma M's house. It was always fun. First, my aunt Ellen was there. Then she lived across the street from Johnny's Toy Shop.
Then Grandma is a night owl so there wasn't a bed time...Whoohoo for me. If it was a Saturday night we would walk over to Latonia Bakery at midnight and get fresh doughnuts they made THE best doughnuts - crullers,chocolate frosted,caramel frosted with chocolate drizzle(do we wonder why I have a weight problem?) and milk and then come back ant eat them at her kitchen table with the breeze blowing in and a cat sitting on the bench next to me. Those were such good times. We would also go visit Marilyn and Phil around the corner and Fr. Vic would be there. Memories.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

I love walking down memory lane. The warm & fuzzies are great!