Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Boston Market

Okay, I have had a glass of wine...so naturally the thoughts come pouring out..and I loose sense of mind...I ate lunch today at Boston Market. Well to rephrase, I ordered my food and then sat and cried at Boston Market. I sat in a booth where Jennifer and I sat last summer with Tommy and discussed the important facts of life. What movies were coming out that weekend. What is on TV...how Jennifer was feeling (she was pregnant with the Fabulous Luca), how his workout was at Travco, you know the details that are vital to existence. I wish that Tommy had an easier life. I wish that cancer never existed. I wish that there was a cure. I wish there was something more I could do besides pray. I know that prayer is strong and I need to have faith...BUT it is hard. I am trying, I am really trying. I know that one of the most important lessons that Tommy has taught me is to live to today. Celebrate the NOW...I had a suck day today at work on top of everything else...but what would so many people think of my struggles...no big deal. They are not life or death...eh...look to tomorrow and celebrate tomorrow's Joy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope today is a better day, filled with joy.

I don't know your or Tommy's story, but I will be thinking of you both.

Tammie said...

Unfortunately, sometimes all we can do to deal with the curves that life throws our way is cry. I don't know who Tommy is to you but can tell from your posts that he is a very special person & has a hold on your heart.

When you cry those tears of sadness, you should also try to cry tears of happiness. Why? You had the honor & pleasure of knowing Tommy (& he you also). You made a difference in his life (& he in yours)

I cry every year on May 7th (my mom's birthday) & on June 24th (the anniversary of her passing away). The first year that she was gone, I lit my yahrzeit candlle (the Jewish candle of remembrance) & screamed at her for leaving me. It's been a long enough time that now when I cry it's also because she never got to know me as an adult & to see me bring her granddaughter home.

Now when I cry, the tears are both sad & happy. I do my best to remember the good not just the bad.

Irish Blue said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Tommy. I've lost an aunt and my father-in-law (cancer) this year and it's so hard.

Drink your wine, have a good cry, and then listen to Tommy and celebrate the NOW. The fact is, none of us know how long or short the journey is, but you have some control over where it takes you. So go, see, laugh, cry, love, pray, and hope.

(Hug)

Melisa

Anonymous said...

Chelles - Tommy LOVES the Boston MArket and loved to have you there you talk to about everything - not that he was sick of me, he just enjoys other people. Luca, had a great time today with you and I 'm sorry I didn't text you back tonight. I was ove visiting Tommy. I think he is just self conscious of not being able to feed himself. he was in a little better spirits. We are planning the "real" birthday party for Tuesday. T is looking forward to it. Thank you for all your heartfelt thoughts. And Happy anniversary Grandma and Grandpa B.!