DNF
Well, my race today was a flop. I was actually running pretty well ~ 1:03:18 at mile 6 when I dropped out~ that was after 2 potty breaks. I am having some tummy issues today. normally I am thrilled when I go to the restroom....but when I have multiple trips there is a problem. It was the first time I have ever dropped out of a race. I listened to my body and decided I was done. I am chalking it up to a learning experience. I am planning to go volunteer at the Youth Triathlon tomorrow morning and then go to church and go out for a nice long run in the evening.
The race today was to raise money to help a local group who is going to Liberia to help drill and build wells for safe drinking water. It is amazing how many times we waste water without even thinking about it. Many have to walk 10 miles to water and then that water is contaminated. About 4,500 children die each day from unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation facilities. Scary statistic isn't it. Now go and enjoy a glass of refreshing water!





4 comments:
I am sorry you had to drop out of the race, but glad that you recognized you needed to stop.
Hope you are having a great weekend!
You are still awesome and you need to take care of yourself. We love our aunt chelles!
Sorry about your race. There isn't much you can do with stomach issues. Even if they pass, you are physically drained and have no energy. Good call on not continuing, there will be other races.
I'm sorry that you had to drop out of the race. Unfortunately, tummy issues take precedence though. Hope you're feeling better!
Post a Comment