Sunday, August 19, 2007

18 miles

Today's training plans said to run 18 miles...yes, 18 miles. So Cindy and I headed out with Karen at 7:02 am to do our 18 miles. We were doing 5 minute run, 1 minute walk (Galloway plan). Karen ran with us the first 5 mile loop...then Cindy and I headed out in the RAIN to do the next 13 on our own. We made it...rain...rain...and more rain. But what a great experience, we now know if necessary on the day of the marathon if it is raining we are ready. We did a few hills and we finished...we logged the miles and we did it!

I, personally, feel that I had a good run. The past few weeks have been very difficult for me. The heat in combination with the fibro played a huge part in my abilities on the road. I had a good run 3 miles Friday; a good 2 mile race on Saturday and I had a good 18 miles this morning. I am now quite tired and headed to bed shortly. I have clothes in hte dryer but I plan to be asleep by 8! Pathetic.

2 comments:

Tea said...

A friend of mine is a marathon runner in Ohio, and I don't know how you have been able to handle the heat and humidity.

You get BONUS points for getting out there!

What marathon are you training for?

I am the Big Bad Wolf said...

Hi Michelle! Thanks for visiting my blog. I ran the Pig 1/2 this year too. My fourth version of the Pig, LOL. Looks like your wearing the TRIKS marathon girl skirt, eh?