Today was the Day
Today set the bar so very high for how all funerals should be. Today was a celebration of Tommy's life. The mass alone was absolutely beautiful; but the countless hours that went into the preparation to get to this point. Every word was carefully picked. Tommy's cousin Andrew summed it up when he said "I had to make it perfect, I won't have a second chance." Everything was perfect. The tributes to Tommy were spell-bounding. Each speaker captured Tommy in their own way...and believe me anytime you can bring Bon Jovi into a mass..WOW what a good thing. Lynn's tribute was simply spot on...perfect.
There were many poignant moments but the moment that is etched into my memory is Johnny carrying Tommy down the aisle at the end. What a breathtaking moment.
Once again Peace, my friend, peace.





2 comments:
You did absolutely wonderful. Thank you for being a part of the mass. Tommy is proud! You are the best. How could I ever thank you?
I'm sure your piece was beautiful.
It's sounded like a very powerful experience. What a wonderful way to celebrate someone's life.
Post a Comment