Pity...Party of One.....
Okay, so I am feeling bad for myself tonight. This always happens around the holidays. I should know better...oh well. I need to focus on my blessings and not what I am missing.....
So, blessings...I am thankful for having 3 of my 4 grandparents still with us; I am thankful, that my precious Tiger is still here...9..5 years; I am thankful for my job and the people I work with (most days); I am thankful that I have a bestest friend like Jennifer. I am thankful for Luca...without him I would wonder where the good in life is. I am thankful that Liz has given my grandma, Natalie...without Natalie to live for I think my grandma wouldn't be here. I am thankful that I am able to run (most days) . I am thankful that God gave me the patience to build up my mileage so I could run 2 marathons this year; and have 2 more scheduled for next year.
Okay I have to stop this I am sitting here in tears....





4 comments:
Believe me. I get it. This is a hard time of year for me as I miss my mom horribly.
Then again, we can make it "better" by remembering the people we have loved for all the good times. We can be thankful that these people were with us for the short time alloted them, & that they chose to share their life with us. We can be thankful that they are no longer in pain.
And then we can be thankful that there are people in our lives that continue to bring us smiles.
You are the best. I am sorry I was cranky today. You are allowed to have a pity party any time you want.....invite me over and we can discuss over a good cabernet (or merlot, or chardonnay, or 151). Luca thinks you are #1!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Best of luck training for Disney... I am so looking forward to the race (I think...). It does sound like you have a lot to be thankfull for, but really I think we need to have our occasional pity party so that we can move on and realize everything that we really do have. I'll see you in January!
Sending big, big hugs....
I get it - the holidays are always tough for me, being away from family and all...
Sending more hugs :-)
Post a Comment