Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve Festivities



So far today, I have cleaned off my vanity table. Now, normally I am a bit of a neat freak...that has fallen by the wayside. It has become a dumping ground. Today it was necessary to clean it off. Check out the mess for yourself.....
BEFORE


AFTER

Now that it is all clean, I feel so much better.





I am getting ready to head to the Fairgrounds and run for the last time in 2007. It is the Jingle Bell 5k. I think last year I placed 2nd in my age group...must go check it out.





2007 has been a year of change. For the positive, I proved to myself that I am able to run 26.2 miles. I am so proud that I was able to acomplish that goal..not once but twice...and going for a third time in a few days. I learned to swim efficiently. I am still practicing but I really enjoy it. I found a peace at my job. It isn't always a fun place...but hey it is work, you aren't always supposed to be thrilled about it right?





2007 has also been the year of transformation. Tommy joined the angels in heaven and shortly later he had Charlene join him. It is still so strange to not have either of them physically here. Christmas was so odd with everyone at the party and Charlene wasn't there. I know she was there in spirit. There were several other losses - Fr. Dan just to name another.





2007 has been a year of challenges but I am looking forward to 2008 and the new challenges that will come. Hopefully, I'll be able to compete in the Disney Marathon running for Tommy and Candis, Flying Pig Marathon for Jazzie, New York Marathon for the American Brain Tumor Association. We'll see what else comes up. I am also hopeful that 2008 will be the year I compete in my first Triathlon.





Peace and Blessings in 2008. See you on the other side!

3 comments:

Tea said...

Happy New Year!

And thanks for the reminder that I should probably clean my own vanity.

Sandra said...

Happy New Year to you, my friend!!!!

I am thrilled that you are willing to run for Jazzie once again.

Tammie said...

I know that you are sad about the physical loss of both Tommy & Charlene. May the memory of their love help you find some comfort in the coming year.

Let me know when you run in The Flying Pig for Jazzie. You know you have a sponsor in Florida!

Wishing you & your family a healthier & happier New Year!