Sunday, August 31, 2008

Interesting

So the indoor pool is closed for cleaning until Tuesday morning. I went to sit by the outdoor pool for a little while. I brought my goggles and had told myself if I felt like it I would swim...well, no one was in the lap lane, so I hopped in and slowly took off. I was feeling so good. I was concentrating on rotating my hips and my arms (mainly my right arm)...I felt like a fish...truly...I swam 40 laps...80 lengths. I had to call Corky to find out if the outdoor pool was shorter than the indoor. They are the same...oh my. Well, I guess I can swim!!! I didn't time myself, I just swam comfortably and casually...I enjoyed myself. There was a little girl who was counting my laps (the kids had to get out for the hourly check - she was so cute)...she made it to 20 then she had to stop to go play...but eh, I'll take it.

My race is this Saturday. I want to kill it. I would love to place..but I know that my age group is the most populated...so I am going to have to go all out on the bike...no brakes. I am hoping that Jennifer, Luca and Katie can go with me.

No comments: