Sunday, October 26, 2008

My weekend of eating...by Michelle

So Saturday, we left the house and headed to Diane and Tim's to pick up stuff for Timmy (he goes to school at UC)...we got the box and bags and finally got on the road. Archie and Edith argued for most of the trip while Tiger and I lounged in the back and took a nap. We finally made it to the diner in Hamilton. My two uncles own a diner. We had a lovely lunch. I was supa good!!! My grandma and grandpa, my aunt Donna, Uncle Dale, Uncle Glenn, Aunt LaVeda, and cousins Erin and Chip also stopped by. Billy came over too. It was nice to sit and visit with everyone. Eventually Billy, my dad and Tiger left to take the items to Timmy and my mom and I stayed to visit. When we left there, we met up with my dad and Billy for dinner. After dinner Billy took Tiger to his place and Archie and Edith and I headed to grandma M's house to drop off her present and drop off some soup that my mom had made.

When we finally got to the hotel, we had the OSU/Penn State game on and I collapsed. Woke up this am and wished I would have brought better running gear for a longer run. I ended up with just a 3-4 miler. I didn't wear my Garmin.

We met up with the family at Carraba's at noon for lunch. It was Grandma Lucille's 85th Birthday. In attendance was...Billy, dad, Jamie, Richard, Mary(Richard's girlfriend), Sarah, Aunt Ellen, Uncle Dick, Uncle Greg, mom and me. It was fun time. I made friend's with a little girl who wanted a piece of birthday cake. She was thrilled with me!!!

It was awesome to see my uncle Dick. He is my grandpa's youngest brother. I haven't seen him since May. He looks good. He made me feel fabulous when he said he needed to sit next to the most stunning looking girl ever. (boy did I need that!) He is so dashing. He is always dressed to the nines and never has a hair out of place. Oh so sweet. He took such awesome care of his wife who died last May of Alzeheimer's. He truly loved her. He took care of her himself until she got close to the end when he had to call in for help. I need to do a better job of checking in with him.

Then we hopped back in my car and headed five hours North. Fun, fun, fun.

I am very thankful to be home. In two weeks my mom and I get to go back down for a baby shower.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hi Michelle,

Could you send me your email address?? I would love to answer the questions you asked. My email addy is okinawaerin@yahoo.com

Hugs~
Erin