Random Thoughts
Hello my darlings, well I am not really sure anyon reads this since I rarely update this anymore but I am trying to do better than once a month (I last posted on 9.23.10, so less than a month). I have been swimming like a little fish and I know my form is a bit off and I am working on it but the girl who NEVER wanted to put her head in the water swam 2000 yards (1.14 miles) this am. WITHOUT STOPPING! I am shocked and surprised and I am loving it.
With this new found love of the swim, I am actually having thoughts...so far just thoughts of an Ironman next year.
I turn the big 4-0 next February and would like to do something BIG. I have always thought it was the swim that was holding me back from a full Ironman. Well, let's piece this together. So I have biked 100 miles, I have run 26.2 four times...not back to back mind you but now that I have proven myself that I am able to swim a mile, I am really believing I could DO Ironman. You have 17 hours from the start to hear Mike Reilly call out "_______ you are an Ironman" I get teary eyed just typing that. Can you imagine if I go through with this and actually DO Ironman? I will be crying like a baby.
Now, if I DO Ironman, I think I want to do Louisville. I am not thrilled that it is the end of August and typically hotter than hell. BUT I want to DO Ironman in 'my state' I love all things Kentucky...basketball, horses and bourbon.
I would have no expectations except to finish. Finishing would be amazing. Since I am not a pro, nor a winning age grouper, not one peron would remember what my time was for Ironman but they would remember that I finished!
Lots to think about!





1 comment:
If anyone can do Ironman, I know you can!!!!
Hey, did I tell you that I started doing some running and that I am kinda liking it???
Post a Comment